MASIGNCLEAN101

David Arquette: ‘I got stabbed in the neck during a wrestling match’

Born in Virginia, David Arquette, 49, rose to fame starring in the Scream film franchise. In 2000, he became a professional wrestler. His latest movie is 12 Hour Shift, which is digitally released on 25 January. He has a daughter with Courteney Cox and two sons with his second wife, Christina McLarty. He lives in Nashville and Los Angeles.

When were you happiest?
With time and experience you figure stuff out, so I am happiest right now.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I beat myself up; I’m self-critical.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Lack of empathy.

Property aside, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
I collect old costumes: I have one of Johnny Cash’s, and Liberace’s shoes.

What is your wallpaper?
Bozo the Clown.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I fluctuate in weight pretty easily.

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
I don’t know if they ever existed, but I’d want unicorns or dragons.

What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A clown.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Investing in creative projects. That’s what I waste the most money on.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Literally, amazing, um.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
My daughter, Coco, because divorce is so difficult.

What is the worst job you’ve done?
When I was young, selling maps to stars’ homes in Hollywood, somebody flashed their wiener at me. It was traumatising.

If you could go back in time, where would you go?
The American wild west.

When did you last cry, and why?
This morning: I lost a couple of friends recently and it’s been tough.

How do you relax?
I watch wrestling and Bob Ross, the TV painter.

How often do you have sex?
A couple of times a week at least.

What is the closest you’ve come to death?
I got stabbed in the neck with a light tube during a wrestling “death match” two years ago. It was scary. I thought I was dying: your life does flash before your eyes.

What has been your closest brush with the law?
I used to be a graffiti writer, so I’d get picked up all the time. And once I got kicked out of my own nightclub in Aspen on New Year’s Eve and was almost arrested.

What song would you like played at your funeral?
David Bowie’s Life On Mars.

How would you like to be remembered?
With love.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
To savour it.

Tell us a secret
I’m a brown belt in karate.



from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3iDC57v
via IFTTT
Share This :
OK